Friday, September 28, 2007

Gimme Your Stuff!

A great hello to all reading this! Wow! I just came across Gimme Your Stuff today and it's such a great, great idea that I'm all excited about it already! International swaps - seriously? A network just for this? It's like a dream come true!

Well anyway, here's a brief introduction about myself first:

I'm from Singapore (the tiny island that is not part of China!) and I honestly waste too much of my life on everything unimportant - but hey, that's what makes life fun, right? I love, love shopping and basically comb through Singapore's shopping districts at least once weekly (and then some!) to find all sorts of stuff from clothings to food. I'm just a really happy-go-lucky, short little girl who loves shopping and buying stuff for others more so than for myself - so imagine the excitment of finding such a thing like Gimme Your Stuff!

General loves: Oh, clothes and food! I'll really love to get a piece of clothing or acessory that is an ongoing trend or very widespread or unique to your country!
General dislikes: not into soft toys, punk, goth, cute-sy stuff, vintage clothing


What I'll love, love to receive:
  • Dresses (oh I really do!)
  • Funky t-shirts
  • Cool accessories
  • Candy
  • Chocolate
  • Your local food/clothes
  • Bags
  • Pouches
  • Quirky knick knacks
  • Coloured leggings :D
  • Vintage acessories / spectacles/ stuff
  • Flea market finds!

What I can offer:

  • Food items (I'm great at supermarketing for snacks and such!) - can be strictly local type or Japanese or anything really! I'll help you look around for them or get types you'll like!
  • Teas/ Coffee
  • Note papers/ Cards/ Stationary
  • Local Magazines
  • Cool fabrics - Chinese embroidered, Bold prints, Catoon prints, anything
  • Jewelry (I'm pretty crafty and will make some for you!)
  • Clothes - ethnic and representative of Singapore's culture or from any brand found here
  • Bath products
  • Toys
  • Souvenirs from Singapore

Anything at all! Just name them and I'll do my best to find them for you

Otherwise, let me know if you want to trade and I'll check up your profile and get things in a surprise package that you might like!


I'm really open to the idea of swapping and would love to hear from you if you're interested too! I'd love to go shopping for stuff for you! Just leave a comment and I'll get back to you!

8 comments:

Melanierocks1315 said...

Hey! I Would love to swap with you, I saw the comment you left of my blogger, thanks!

Melbubbles2004@aol.com

Spokane, WA

magotta said...

Hi, thanks for your comment, I'll be glad to swap with you, I can send u a beautiful italian dress and more;) please email me directly to magotta06@hotmail.com. Hope to start a great swap with u, ciao:)

Unknown said...

Hello Dear Dorothy!!! I am very happy that you have written me! I would love to swap with you!!! You said that you love Milan dress...what size do you have? Please, write me at my e-mail address: morea_88@msn.com.
Thank you
talk you soon!
Laura

Cori and JV said...

Hello! We are a couple from the Philippines and we very much like to swap with you. Check our profile at http://arabeskimo.blogspot.com/ If there is any chance that you are interested, just keep us posted. You can also e-mail us at wastedcookie@yahoo.com Thanks :)

Lemonswaps said...

Hey! It sounds like we have similar interests, would you like to swap with me? I live in Britain.

http://lemonswaps.blogspot.com/

Lucy
xx

Melanierocks1315 said...

?? Hi.. I never received anything from you after I sent you lots of things. I guess you may have just forgot? It's been months now.

Unknown said...

Hello!

My name is Cindy and I'm 24 years old from Belgium.
I read your post and would like to trade with you!

http://www.funkee.be/?p=12

I can offer :
- viewcards, souvenirs, stamps from Belgium
- local candies/chocolate/cookies
- magazines (fashion, cooking, crafting)
- lots of scrapbooking supplies
- beauty products/makeup/accessories/jewellary
- stationery items, mostly Diddl & Friends
- Other things you might be interrested in

I'm looking for:
- mostly kawaii stationary/stickers/decotapes/gelpens
- mostly kawaii dolls/soft toys/stuffed animals/amigurumi
- local candies (small amount)
- a fashion magazine
- small amount of jewellary/asian beauty product and/or soze S cute top/t-shirt

Please let me know if interrested!

Hugs,
Cindy

brettio73 said...

Hey!

I read through your list and would like to swap with you.

I'm 20, from the USA and think that jewelery and clothes and such would be so much fun to give and receive.

Here is my list:

http://brettio73.blogspot.com/2008/08/gimmie-your-stuff-and-ill-give-you-mine.html

or you can e-mail me at bkaffa@gmail.com if you're interested. :)